This private way ran off Taranaki Street, through the middle of Town Acres 243 and 244. It was created as part of a subdivision carried out by the Estate of John Martin in 1892, and in 1893 The City Council agreed to take it over as a right of way. By 1895 work to form the road was completed.
The right of way was used until the early 1910s, when it was removed.